How to get here
Foxwood Community Centre is located on the South side of York, a few minutes’ drive from the city centre, easily accessible from the A1237 ring road and A64.
There is a car park with 14 spaces and 3 disabled spaces.
Bicycle racks are available for cyclists.
View Larger Map
How to get here by Bus
Take a number 4 to Foxwood shops or Bellhouse Way.
From there walk around the corner into Bellhouse Way. Follow Bellhouse Way around (it is a horse-shoe shape) until you come to Foxwood Community Centre.
Alternatively take a No 12 or a No 14 to Foxwood Lane (via Woodthorpe) and the bus will stop outside the Community Centre.
From York Centre
- take the Tadcaster Road, past the racecourse down to Tescos at Askham Bar
From the South
- From outside York, take the A64 and take the York Racecourse exit.
Approach from Askham Bar roundabout
From the North
- Turn off the A1273 at the Foxwood/Woodthorpe roundabout signposted Foxwood. Turn right into Foxwood Lane at the mini roundabout. Take the first turn right into Bellhouse Way, continue past the junction with Acomb Wood Drive and the Centre is on your left opposite Foxwood Park.
- At Tescos Askham Bar take the immediate left turn over the railway.
- Proceed straight on down Moor Lane. Take the 7th right (Alness Drive).
- Drive to the bottom and when the road bends to the right continue on into Acomb Wood Drive.
- As you pass Osprey Close on your left , take the next right (Bellhouse Way) and the Community Centre is on your left on the corner of Cranfield Place
- Drive past the corner and the car park is on the left (plenty of room).